Table of Contents
Immigration to Québec: everything you need to know before applying
Quebec’s immigration plan for 2023 aims to welcome up to 52,500 new permanent residents to the province through its various immigration programs.
About the Process of Québec Immigration
- According to the 1991 agreement between Canada and Quebec, the government of Quebec is responsible for selecting immigrants to this province.
- The selection process is managed by Quebec’s Immigration Ministry, the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI).
The Quebec Immigration ministry:
- The conditions of foreign nationals are evaluated under the following categories:
- Economic migration
- Commercial immigration
- Asylum and Humanitarian Quebec
- CSQ is issued to applicants who meet the criteria to immigrate to Quebec
The Government of Canada continues to oversee the following:
- Examining the records determining the acceptance of new immigrants, which includes security, criminal and medical records
- formation of immigration categories and classes, distribution, and enforcement of annual immigration caps while accounting for the number of immigrants the Government of Quebec desires to accept in any given year.
Québec Immigration plan
- The Quebec government and the federal government of Canada have created a program for highly educated and experienced foreign nationals to immigrate to this province as skilled workers.
- This program is the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP).
- The candidates applying for this program are evaluated using a criteria grid.
- The candidates with the highest scores will be awarded a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ), which they can use to apply for Canadian permanent residency.
But it’s crucial to understand the conditions for this program and how to apply.
We shall discuss everything in this section, including:
- Is getting to Quebec simple?
- A Quebec Certificate of Selection: How do I obtain one?
- How does the program function?
- How much time does the application for this program take?
And other questions :
- You must respond fully to a number of questions if you want to apply to the Quebec Immigration Plan.
- We are available to support you in this way.
- You can find all the Quebec Skilled Worker Program information on our extensive website (QSWP).
- We invite you to go about our website, read the information there, and let us know if you think we might have missed anything.
Québec Skilled Worker Program
- The Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP), created by the governments of Quebec and Canada, permits highly educated and trained foreign nationals to immigrate to Quebec as skilled employees.
- A selection grid of criteria is used to evaluate potential immigrants who apply to the Skilled Worker Quebec Program.
- Those who receive enough points are awarded a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ), which they can use to apply for Canadian permanent residency.
Quebec Skilled Worker Points Grid
According to the QSWP’s points-based system, applicants are given points for the following:
- Work experience
- language ability. Although it is not a prerequisite for program eligibility, proficiency in French is rewarded with points.
- prior connection to Quebec (through visits or family)
- spouse or common-law partner of the applicant
- An honest job offer from Quebec.
Candidates should be aware that the QSWP does not require a job offer.
- Those with great credentials in other areas but lack French language proficiency may still be qualified to apply.
- An candidate must receive at least 50 points to be considered alone and 59 points to be considered with a spouse.
- Applicants must pass medical and security tests after receiving a CSQ to be awarded permanent residence status.
- Must have the intention to reside within the province of Quebec.
You can apply for permanent residence to the Government of Canada after receiving a certificate of Quebec selection (CSQ).
How long does Quebec’s skilled worker program take?
The majority of RSWP permanent selection applications are processed in under six months. As soon as the Ministry receives your application, the processing time begins.